"THE 300 OF SPARTA" - MARCH CALENDAR

EPIC MARCH ON THE ROUTE OF "THE 300 OF SPARTA"

Proposed Arrival day will be announced soon. We advise the athletes to arrive in Athens one day prior to the day we will depart for the city of “Sparta” where the march will start. Upon request, Arcadian Trails can take care of their accommodation in the Holiday Inn Hotel or other, situated close to the airport.  Each athlete will undertake the cost for his/her accommodation and transportation from the airport to the Hotel.

ATTENTION: The above, is just a suggestion that will help the athletes overcome the jet lag. However, all athletes should know that their flight must arrive in Athens airport the latest around 14:00 hrs.  Greek time.


Welcome day: Early afternoon, the athletes will be transported by bus (around 3 hours’ drive) to the cityof “Sparta” at the Central Peloponnese. The pick-up place will depend on the final time and date of their arrival and will be arranged at alater stage. Free afternoon and evening in the city.

Welcome dinner and overnight in a Hotel/s of the city of Sparta.


1st DAY of the march                                    Comments by Pavlos     

7:15 – 07:45 Gathering of all athletes participating in the march. 
07:45 Opening Ceremony in Sparta, under the statue of “Leonidas”.

08:30 The march starts.  ETAPE Distance 49 km. Route:  Sparta"Tegea"

Heading towards the North, we cross the "Evrotas River", and through the regions of ancient "Sellasia", Alepochori, "Vlachokerasia" (Mt Parnon), Manthyrea, we reach the archaeological site of Tegea in Tripolis plateau. 1st overnight .

2nd DAY of the march   ETAPE 2                                       Comments by Pavlos

Distance 44 km.   Route: Tegea  - "Kandila"

We continue moving northwards and after crossing the city of "Tripoli", passing next to the archaeological sites of "Mantinea" and "Orhomenos", we arrive in Candela area. 2nd overnight.

3rd DAY of the march   ETAPE 3                                        Comments by Pavlos

Distance  48 km. Route:  Kandila - "Ancient Nemea". 

Climbing the mount of "Artemisio", where there is the highest point of the route to Thermopylae, we end up in Ancient Nemea after passing through the villages of "Skotini", Platani, Galatas and the town of "Nemea". 3rd overnight.

4th DAY of the march   ETAPE 4                                        Comments by Pavlos

Distance 53 km.  Route:  Ancient Nemea  - "Perachora"

Passing through  ancient "Stadium of Nemea", the villages of Chiliomodi and Solomos we reach the "archaeological site of Corinth" and continiuing througth "Corinth city" "Corinth Canal" and "Loutraki" city we arrive in the vicinity of Perachora. 4th overnight.

5th DAY of the march   ETAPE 5                                       Comments by Pavlos

Distance 49 km.  Route:  Perachora - Patima "Vilia". 

Crossing the foothills of Mount Gerania, descending to sea level in the areas of Schino, Bambakies "Alepochori",  Psatha and continuing up to the mount Cethaeron we end at Patima Vilia area. 5th overnight.

6th DAY of the march    ETAPE 6                                      Comments by Pavlos

Distance 49 km.  Route: Patima Vilia - "Aliartos"

Crossing the Mount of "Cethaeron", a landscape of unique beauty and panoramic sight greets us and leads into Aliartos, while also passing through the archaeological site of "Plataea", and "Thespies"6th overnight.

7th DAY of the march   ETAPE 7                                       Comments by Pavlos

Distance 55 km. Route:  Aliartos - "Modi" 

This route (ETAPE 6) is almost flat at all and somewhat monotonous. Nevertheless, it leads us to our today’s destination (Modi area), via important historical and archeological places like "Thourio" and "Chaeronea". 7th overnight.

8th DAY of the march ETAPE 8  final                               Comments by Pavlos

Distance 31 km. Route: Modi - "Thermopylae" Back to the beauty of paths with incredible views across mount "Kalidromo" and descending towardsthe finish at Thermopylae, we come through the villages of "Mendenitsa" and Anavra.

Closing ceremony  (ovation, awards of memorabilia, dinner with local foods, music and other surprises).

Late at night bus transport of all participants to the city of Athens. Check in at the hotel and overnight.

9th day:  Either departure back to Home or holidays extension to explore the City of Athens, its museums and neighborhoods by their own.

RATE
''The 300 of Sparta'' Epic March 2018
9
Registration open soon
40% upon registration to participate and the remaining 60% later on, 2018
Secure paymet with
PAYEE:
ARCADIAN TRAILS PC
ACTIVITY AND THEMATIC TOURISM
IBAN: GR 3802600250000420201645988
BANK: EUROBANK SA ATHENS GREECE
SWIFT CODE: ERBKGRAA
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
Epic March on the route of “the 300 of Sparta"
Disclaimer - Please download, sign and return