"ON the TRACK” 10-day (9 nights) Companions"
Welcome day: Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Early afternoon, the companions will be transported by bus (around 3-hours drive) to the city of “Sparta” at the Central Peloponnese, together with the group of the athletes.
The pick-up place will depend on the final time and date of their arrival and will be arranged at a later stage.
Free afternoon and evening in the city. Welcome dinner and overnight in a Hotel/s of the city of “Sparta”.
1st Day – Sunday, May 6, 2018 (starting day of the march and the parallel program of the companions)
07:45 Participation at the starting of the march expedition which will take place in Sparta, under the statue of “Leonidas”.
The journey of the companions will start after the departure of the participating athletes.
Program of the day:
- Visit of the “Olive and Greek Olive Oil” Museum in Sparta
- Departure for the Byzantine city of “Mystras”. Guided visit of the city, its monasteries and churches. Back to the city of Sparta where you can have lunch.
- Continue your trip. Passing through “Ancient Tegea”. Arrival at your Hotel, the “Kalteziotis Mansion” located in the area of the city of “Tripoli”. Check in and dinner at the “Kalteziotis Mansion” together with the athletes. Overnight
2nd Day - Monday, May 7, 2018
- Departure from the Mansion to visit the “Cave of Kapsia”. Guided tour of the cave.
- Departure from the Cave towards the village of “Dimitsana”, where you will visit the “Open-Air Water Power Museum”. Lunch in a tavern of the village* - Back to the Kalteziotis Mansion through the archaeological site of “Ancient Mantinea” and the church "Agia Fotini". Meeting with the athletes at the Mansion, dinner and overnight.
3rd Day – Tuesday, May 8, 2018
- Departure for the archaeological site of “Mycenae”, the center of the Mycenaean civilization (1600-1100 ΒC). Guided tour of the site and the Museum
- Departure from Mycenae with destination the city of “Nafplio”, the first capital of Greece, after its independence in 1823. Check in, at a Hotel of the city. Time to stroll around the beautiful city and have lunch in one of the many traditional small taverns.
- Dinner together with the athletes in the Hotel or in one of the traditional taverns of the city. Overnight in Nafplio
4th Day – Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Departure from Nafplio for the archaeological site of “Ancient Nemea” (stadium and museum) as well as “Ancient Korinth". Guided tour at the sites and the Museums. Continue your journey to “Korinth Canal” where you will stop to admire the view take some photos and have lunch in one of the taverns of the area.
- Departure for the seaside city of “Loutraki”. Arrival at the Hotel at the outskirts of the city. Check in and enjoy the sea or the swimming pools. Dinner together with the athletes in a traditional tavern of the area and overnight.
5th Day – Thursday, May 10, 2018
- Departure from the Resort. After having a look at the “Temple of Goddess Hera” (Hereon) you will be driven to “Vouliagmeni Lake” (a closed bay that resembles a Lake).
- Departure for the small fishermen villages of “Schinos” and “Psatha” where you could swim. Lunch* on the way in one of the taverns. Day destination “Vilia village” on the Kitheron mountain. Check in, meeting with the athletes, dinner and overnight.
6th Day – Friday, May 11, 2018
- Walking distance visits inside the village: The church “Metamorphosis of our Lord the Savior” built by the famous German architect Ernst Ziller in 1893 and the church of “Pamegiston Taxiarchon” built in the central square of the village in 1637.
- Departure for the seaside village of “Porto Germeno”. Visit of the Ancient Fortress of "Aegosthena”. Swim and lunch there.
- Day's final destination the city of "Thebes". On the way visit the archaeological site of “Platea”. - Meeting with the athletes and dinner at a typical tavern in the main square of the city. Overnight in Thebes.
7th Day – Saturday, May 12, 2018
- Guided visit of the famous new “Thebes Museum”. - Lunch in a traditional Tavern of Thebes town.
- Departure from Thebes, with destination the village of “Amfiklea”. On your way, visit the sites of “Ancient Thespies” and “Chaeronea” where there is the big Lion. Meeting with the athletes and dinner in one of the traditional taverns.Overnight.
8th Day – Sunday, May 13, 2018
- Departure for “Thermopylae”. Arrival in Thermopylae, where we will all welcome the Athletes for the “Closing Ceremony”. In addition, there will be a visit of the Museum where you will have the chance to watch a visualization of the Battle of Thermopylae. Early dinner in the Museum
- Late at night, bus transportation to “Athens”. Check-in at a Hotel, in the center of the city. Overnight in Athens.
9th Day, Monday, May 14, 2018 Departure day.
You can either choose to take the plane back home, or Continue your holidays together with the athletes that also decided to spend some more days in Greece.
For more information, please see the “5-DAY Extended Program"for participants of the Epic March and their Companions.
Note: Whichever the case might be, transportation from/to the airport is not included in the cost of the program, because of different timing in the departure of flights.
1. ON THE TRACK 10 days
2. EXTENDED COMMON 5 days
2. Euros 1.300
ARCADIAN TRAILS PC
ACTIVITY AND THEMATIC TOURISM
IBAN: GR 3802600250000420201645988
BANK: EUROBANK SA ATHENS GREECE
SWIFT CODE: ERBKGRAA